Pages

  • Home
  • About Jem
  • Contact

BEAUTY. LIFE. STYLE.

IF YOU'RE GOING TO WORK IT, FAKE IT.

22.10.15





It's difficult to ease myself through (and now out of) these summer months when I've felt anything but summery. There's been little sun, little opportunity to experience any summer style and most of all, little chance to get out and tan.

There's something about having a tan which boosts my ego. Everybody walks with a little more 'swag' when they look like they've been to the Caribbean for 3 months. We're all told to embrace our inner pale beauty, but I just can't do it. So what better way than to splurge on as many tan enhancing/creating/prolonging products I can get my hands on.

St. Tropez's Gradual In Shower Lotion hit the shelves a few months ago, and created a stir with it's landing. I see it as the starter kit for fake tan. If you've never tried fake tan or want to get into the stuff, this is a good basic to make sure you know exactly what you're doing, especially if your anxious about the whole process. There's no lingering fake tan smell, the colour applies evenly and gradually builds with use. The only issue is that you have to stand awkwardly away from water for three minutes whilst you wait for it to work. Plus it can get a bit chilly, especially as we're coming into the colder months where we all spend a few extra minutes under the soapy warmth anyway.

If you aren't one for a semi-permanent tan, an easy way to bronze up your complexion is simply with a good bronzer. I've recently rediscovered Benefit's Hoola, but aside from that I'd been dying to get my hands on Chanel's Soleil Tan de Chanel. It's a matte-drying, natural not-too-orange cream bronzer, very unlike the vast majority of powder bronzers out there. I love that it's natural brown tone helps to give the complexion a more natural looking matte warmth. Although I'm desperate for a tan, we all know that our desires don't quite reach to the tango effect.


1 Comment

  1. Oh my god yes, I hate how pale my winter skin is! And this is coming from a half middle eastern person, haha. It's so difficult resisting the urge to jump on the sunbeds. I think I'm going to have to try that St Tropez gradual cream. I usually just use the cheap tanning lotions but when you wake up after a night out it looks like someone has just drawn brown and white lines all over you!
    Thanks for sharing :)
    love your blog!

    Parisa with an A

    ReplyDelete